[whimsy] Linux-compatable printer that won't gouge me on ink?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 30 21:49:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 02:45:09PM -0500, Terrence Enger wrote:
> I would be quite happy to recommend an HP laser.  I have a LaserJet4
> Plus, 321,000 pages printed up to the insertion of current toner
> cartridge, and still running.

The 4plus was a rare reliable model.  The 4L for example was a disaster.

Some of the old ones were indestructible.  That was HP of a different
era though.  Some of the original HP Deskjets still run too.  So they
were capable of making reliable inkjets once upon a time.  They still
printed pretty awful quality wise but they did so consistently and
reliably at least.

--
Len Sorensen