Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 24 21:35:05 UTC 2009

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> James,
>
> I am myself a physicist. By all my soul.
>
> That means that I must understand the physical world. And I do. Better
> than most of you ignorants around. Id I did not, I would have made
> absolutely nothing in science. You do not need to believe that, though.
>
> There is nothing in science against religion. There is however a lot in
> education against religion. Why? Because education is about ideology,
> not about science. And it always have been that way.

Actually, there is.  It's called "reality".  Take anthropology for
example.  It shows there have been several early humans, why no mention
of them in the bible?  Why does the bible claim humans came before
animals, when the opposite is true?  Why does the bible claim the earth
existed before the sun?  Why is there no evidence for anything before
King David & Solomon?  What about animals such as kangaroos that have
never been in the area Noah & his ark supposedly came from?  How did
they survive the flood?  Why do history and archeology show "The Exodus"
to be a myth?  There is a heck of a lot of evidence that shows the Bible
and religious belief to be absolute nonsense.

As for education, you might want to read up on Dover Pennsylvania, where
a couple of religious zealots tried to hijack the school board to impose
"Intelligent Design" aka creationism on the schools.  They tried to
claim it was science.  The only "ideology" is that great delusion known
as "religion" which people are supposed to accept without question or
supporting evidence.  In any other area, it would be called delusion.