Nobel Peace Prize to Linus Torvalds: A Northwest Nobel option?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 24 17:27:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> That's certainly debateable.  Without Linus we would still be waiting
> for the FSF to finish hurd (which might happen someday.  Maybe.)

Don't forget the BSDs.  Without Linus either one of the free BSDs would
have taken its place as the most popular free OS, or a fork[1] of GNU
would have started to use a BSD kernel.

[1] It would have to be a fork as the FSF would never accept this.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
http://www.practicalsysadmin.com