M$ Patents sudo

Brandon Sandrowicz bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 17 23:27:35 UTC 2009

I think that it's talking about prompting you to authenticate when the
required action is above your permission level.  If I run 'rm -rf /'
as a normal user I won't have permission to delete most things. 'sudo'
doesn't prompt me with a "I see you're trying to delete files/folders
you don't have permissions for. Do you want to enter the root
password?"  In that case, I have to manually decide that my actions
will require root privs and run 'sudo rm -rf /'.  In any case, MacOS
was doing this thing before MS released Vista.  They're still
patenting something that has prior art.
--
Brandon