Fedora 12 is out!

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 17 20:22:10 UTC 2009

| From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Fedora 12 is released!

Thanks.

I don't understand why so many people think that it is worthwhile
disliking Fedora.  It seems to be a mild form of the hatred many of us
have for MS Windows.  Are we on this list just too tribal?

BTW, I am annoyed at MS Windows.  Today's reason is that I find it
very difficult to get scanner software working for my father's HP
Scanjet 4600.  It used to work but some kind of bitrot has set in (if
I knew what kind, I could perhaps fix it). If only HP would document
the scanner interface so that it could be supported in Linux.  Why do
I blame Windows?  Because that ecosystem is full of fire and forget
products.