Fedora 12 is out!

Tue Nov 17 19:16:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 02:06:48PM -0500, Mike Kallies wrote:

>I've filed this as a Zbigniew comment.  Nothing personal I'm sure.  It
>should all be taken with a bit of tea and a lot of vodka.

That was how I saw it as well.

>Slightly off topic, I was thinking about this kind of email the other
>day.  I mean lots of people send regrettable emails like this....
>
>If one could install a Bayesian filter on one's outgoing SMTP server,
>maybe it could pick out the difference between mean email and not-mean
>email.  Mean email could be held overnight for review in the morning.
>Nice mail would go through without delay.
>
>We could suggest it to RMS and maybe a few world governments.  It could
>solve lots of problems in the world.

The trouble is, how would such a filter discern the difference between
scathing sarcasm and deferent politeness?

Still, the mail goggles [1] idea is one worth installing - perhaps at
the server level - postfix or mailman could send you a polite email
suggesting that you reconsider, with an opt-in to really send your
hate-filled missive.

[1]
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-in-labs-stop-sending-mail-you-later.html
--