ZAPiT game console

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 11 18:38:41 UTC 2009

TechDirect will have a ZAPIT GAME WAVE CONSOLE WITH DVD PLAYER for
$39.99 starting Saturday.  See the lower right of:
  http://techdirectcanada.ca/flyer/

So I wondered what this thing is.

- it seems to be sold in christian bookstores in Ontario
  http://playgamewave.com/_bin/whereToBuy/Ontario.cfm

- it seems to run "family oriented games"

- the company seems to have had a near-death experience and has ported
  its games to the Blackberry and iPhone

Not very interesting.

But is it hackable?  I don't know, but I found an interesting article
about the design of it:
  http://www.techonline.com/product/underthehood/197802222

They seem to have written their games in the scripting language Lua.
That probably helped to make them somewhat portable.

The Mediamatics chip at the core of this thing is no longer supported
by National Semiconductor.

I'm not going to try hacking this.