OT: Laptop HD

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 7 19:47:29 UTC 2009

Colin McGregor wrote:
> On 11/7/09, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

(edited for brevity)

>> I am looking for a 500 GB HD
>
> There may be an issue here. I have seen some BIOSes that have an upper
> limit as to the size of HD they can support. Check up on your laptop
> to see:
>
> - What is the upper limit of the size of HD it can currently support?
> - If the above number is too low, see if there is a BIOS upgrade for
> your laptop...
>
> Other than that, keep in mind that you will pay a real premium for a
> laptop HD, but otherwise ... have fun.

I didn't think of the upper limit and checking what my bios can handle. If the
laptop can handle an external 1TB drive connect to USB port, I am guessing it
can handle 500 GB internally? Is there a case this might not be true?

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org

Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives.