Recommendations for lightweight Window Manager?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 3 21:22:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org wrote:

>  I got my shiny new toy (Acer AspireOne).  Right now, I have Knoppix
> running "dd" to back up Vista in case I ever need it.  I hope I don't.

You might like to check out 'ntfsclone' as an alternative to dd for this
purpose.  dd will helpfully capture all the empty space for you.

> emulating Vista's slowness.  So forget about GNOME/KDE.  My current
> intention is to go with either Blackbox or Fluxbox as the WM.  Is
> anybody aware of a competitive alternative, and especially do you have
> experience with one?

I use fvwm.  I have always used fvwm.   It is highly configurable and yet
very light.  I want a WM to stay out of my way so that I can get stuff
done.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
http://www.practicalsysadmin.com