Broadcasters Want Bailout

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 23 23:15:49 UTC 2009

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Even in Toronto they're crying poverty.
>
> Here's a news report about a very successful "open house" held by CTV
> today, staged to help explain the network's precarious situation. I
> wonder how they'll explain how CTV is apparently in so much peril that
> it recently bought up the CityTV stations.

I don't know the details, but they only got some of them.  CityPulse
News is owned by CTV, but I don't think CityTV is.  IIRC, Rogers owns
CityTV.  Hmmm...  I wonder what the CityTV position is on that tax?

BTW, a few weeks ago, they started putting CTV news on CityPulse and
then carrying the whole mess to CHUM AM, which used to play oldies.  So,
one of the first things they did, after buying those stations, was to
cut content.