Broadcasters Want Bailout

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat May 23 15:26:21 UTC 2009

James Knott wrote:

> A bit off topic, but something of interest to most.
> http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/AboutShaw/BroadcastersWantBailout.htm

There hasn't been a program on TV in years that I couldn't get in better
quality for free off the Internet. I don't know _anyone_ under the age of 30
who even _has_ cable, and CTV hasn't had anything on it that was of interest to
anyone for probably a decade, so who the hell cares? If they didn't carry stuff
like The Daily Show, I wouldn't even know they existed, and they're never going
to produce anything original that's of value to anyone. For once I have to say
my hat's off to the Americans, they're going in exactly the right direction
with things like Hulu and NBC.com.

The cable companies can kiss my ass. They had their chance and they totally
blew it.