Voip in Toronto

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 20 14:43:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 08:27:39PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> This provides a "security exploit" in that you can let people into the
> building without your actually being there.
>
> It doesn't seem like a terribly *big* security exploit to me, but that
> seems like something that one could find a way to abuse.

Not that call forwarding your home phone to your cell phone doesn't do
the same thing, so the argument is invalid.  Next they have to ban call
forwarding too.  Try asking them about that.  Lots of people have only
a cell phone and use that to buzz in people, or to let themselves in if
they forgot their key or something.

--
Len Sorensen