Voip in Toronto

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 19 15:09:12 UTC 2009

If you want to pay by-the-minute, you could try "voicemeup", which I
had mentioned a little while back. They also have monthly plans which
I believe are still on a month-to-month.

I'm using the on-demand as above, but for the $35 plan it seems you
get a local #, a toll-free, and 2500 minutes (which I believe are for
Canada, USA, and many other countries)

Also, I've got mine connected to an asterisk box, but there are plenty
of hardware devices or a SIP phone etc you could pick up to handle
this on your own.

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Mike Kallies <mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Is anyone offering reasonable Voip service in Toronto?  One without
> requiring a contract with the telco?  e.g., Rogers I know has some
> special home phone service, but I don't have nor want Rogers cable.
>
> Primus TalkBroadband service is the kind of thing I'm thinking of, but
> the last time I went with them, they were unreliable and quirky... and I
> mean, Skype was more reliable...  Have they improved?  I'd even say
> "Skype" would be the solution... if only they had Toronto numbers in
> Skype-in.
>
> All I really need is an inbound Toronto number with call forwarding,
> caller ID, call waiting.  Even the line quality doesn't have to be
> perfect, but of course, it's always nice if it is.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support