mouse crazy

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu May 7 13:29:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 07 May 2009 17:14:04 +0400
Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> One computer is of my wife (Windows). It used usb mouse. Another
> computer is mine (Linux). It also uses usb mouse.
>
> On both, mouse worked great, until I touched it.
>
> I swear, I did not do anything wrong!!!
>
> I just connected mouse to another usb outlet. Connecting back to
> previous usb slot did not help.
>
> Now, the mouse pointer on any of them (Windows or Linux) behaves
> sometime in a crazy way. Not always. We still can use it. But sometime
> it wonders out, to screen borders. Without fucken clear reason. This
> makes me crazy. And my wife becomes crazy too. She threatens to divorce me.
>
> Any idea? About the mouse, not my wife, I mean.
>
> zb.

Zbigniew,

   Do you have a shiny table?  The new, optical mice seem to work better on tables with rough, patterned surfaces and on mouse pads. Perhaps your wife is polishing the table too much.  :)

   I have had problems with mice too.  My cordless Logitech mouse has been perfect, so far.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org