Setting static DNS

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 1 14:20:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> dhcp client should have a config file where you can tell it to
> NOT update the resolv.conf, and if you tell it that, then you
> should be abel to manage it manually instead.

Either configuration or command line options, e.g. for dhcpcd it
is a command line option. However, in many case the script that
start the client (init.d scrips?) often has configuration file
allowing one to put necessary options without changing the
script.

BTW, for dhcpcd the script is named "dhcpcd.exe" under its
configuration directory; read man dhcpcd. BTW in my case when I
need override the DNS I choose using script since I don't want
to throw away the DNS from DHCP, just to make it lower priority.

> Or you could play with the resolvconf tool which seems to be
> configurable to do various things.

Ah, yes, apparently debian thing (good idea, but doesn't seem to
be adopted by Fedora as yet). In that case
"/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head" should do the trick. :-)

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/