OT: photoshop on Windows

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 27 18:05:44 UTC 2009

Afternoon,

I am a little cautious raising a Windows related question on a Linux
user group. That being said, I do believe there are a few among us who
have experience using photoshop on windows and willing to extend a
helpful hand, so bear with me  on this OT post.

I have a friend running photoshop version 11.0.1.0 for a while now,
but he has been dogged with a problem of it slowing the whole system
down. After a reboot, it does perform is an acceptable manner for a
while - 30 minutes, then slows down until the system is unusable. At
that point, the only solution is to reboot the system. I googled a
while back on it with no pointer for a permanent solution, so I set
the system optimized for performance at the expense of appearance.
This now allow the system to run for around 3 hours as opposed to 30
minutes

Now, would there be anyone among us who have noticed this kind of
problem? Did you ever come across a solution for it? Personally, I
feel its some kind of a memory leak, but googling for photoshop +
memory leak do not pull any interesting search.

Advice.

Regards,

William