Lone Coder: Bad Docs or Adventures in Linux RAID-land

Ken Burtch ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 21 14:31:36 UTC 2009

Those interested in my RAID sufferings can view my latest column at

http://www.pegasoft.ca/coder/coder_march_2009.html

"The install went well and I starting using OpenSuSE. But as I used it,
I noticed a strange behaviour: every few minutes the desktop would lock
up for several seconds. Running the "top" command, I saw the disk I/O
taking up all the CPU capacity and the RAID 1 process using most of the
CPU. What was going on..."

KB

Ken O. Burtch                                    Phone/Fax: 905-562-0848
  "Linux Shell Scripting with Bash"              Email: ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
  "Perl Phrasebook"              Blog: http://www.pegasoft.ca/coder.html