wiki front page

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 20 18:32:00 UTC 2009

Hi all,

We have TLUG speakers and topics lined up for

April 14th, 2009
Backups - Robert Brockway

and June 9th, 2009
Beginning GIMP - Giles Orr

Thank you Giles and Robert for your investment of expertise and time.
Both of these topics are anxiously anticipated by the membership.  No
pressure.

The wiki front page is currently out of date.  It shows March meetings
for both TLUG and NewTLUG that have passed.  I would hope to see more
attention paid to future meetings, so that Robert and Giles can get the
audiences they deserve.

Would somebody with some wiki-fu please arrange a way for the front page
to update automatically?

For an extra merit badge, is it possible to have each scheduled future
talk appear on the front page automatically?  For example:

Upcoming Events:
April 7th, 2009 - WestLUG - TBD - TBD
April 14th, 2009 - TLUG - Backups - Robert Brockway
April 28th, 2009 - NewTLUG - TBD - TBD
May 5th, 2009 - WestLUG - TBD - TBD
May 12th, 2009 - TLUG - TBD - TBD
May 19th, 2009 - NewTLUG - TBD -TBD
June 2nd, 2009 - WestLUG - TBD -TBD
June 9th, 2009 - TLUG - Beginning GIMP - Giles Orr
June 16th, 2009 - NewTLUG - TBD - TBD

Ideally the date, topic and speaker will link to the event page.  Where
events are TBD, a link to the generic event page "Usually first
Tuesdays, check email list to confirm" or similar would be great.

Or perhaps only display events with speaker and topic confirmed, leaving
generic descriptions out of the current events page?

Best regards,
Richard