C++ IDE Recommendation

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 14 19:27:19 UTC 2009

I'm looking for an IDE that works in Linux that has good syntax
highlighting.

Also I'm looking for two (third is not as important) specific features
I've not found together yet:

1. Tabs for multiple files

2. Code indexing (highlight a function or class name and jump to its
implementation)

3. Refactoring (change all instances of variable or function name in all
source files)

Eclipse (with the add-on for C++) does some but the indexing is not very
well-implemented, last I tried it hardly worked. Also, Eclipse is really
slow, so I was hoping to find a native client. KDevelop is missing the
indexing, maybe also the refactoring.

I use gvim right now but it obviously doesn't have the refactoring and
indexing since it's not an IDE.. but if vim plugins existed for these
then that would be great.

Marc

--
The only real valuable thing is intuition.
   -- Albert Einstein