OT: Assaulted Over Linux

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 11 14:58:39 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:
> I've never understood how, in the USA, the land of free markets, there
> can so often be the attitude that they're taking our jurbs!".
>
> Either they make a better product.
> Or they sell it at a better price.
> Or they offer better service.
> Or some combination of the three.
>
>   In any instance, it's the free market at play, isn't it?

The problem is that American industry has looked at huge productivity
gains and rationalized the paycheques out of the hands of hordes of
American consumers.  American industry is so proud of economizing on
payroll that when they look at diving sales figures they can't figure
out what's gone wrong.  Since the economy has eliminated sensible
reasons to pay people, we have to pay them for senseless reasons (e.g.
maintaining born-to-break Windows systems) if we're going to pay them
at all.

	Mel.