Comments on another CRTC draft submission

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 10 01:54:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 01:46:27PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote

> |   I consulted Bell's web page on the evening of March
> | 4, 2008, to check their rates.
>
> I bet that was this year, not last year.

  Oops.  Thanks.  That's exactly the type of stuff I was hoping people
would find.  It's corrected now.

> | 1) Commission-approved, transparent, and equitable network management
> | 2) Outside of item 1), no blocking/slowing of traffic, except where
> |    required by Canadian federal legislation or an order by a court of
> |    competent jurisdiction
>
> Actually, one threat is subtly different: speeding up preferred
> traffic.  Is that different from slowing other traffic?  (You and I
> would say yes, but proponents would try to argue the opposite.)
>
> And yet, forbidding speeding up traffic would seem to prevent good
> engineering practice such as caches.

  I'll have to look at including that in condition 1, maybe like...
1) Commission-approved, transparent, and equitable network management,
including neutral and non-invasive caching of frequently-visited sites