small flash cards for low price?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 27 15:31:34 UTC 2009

| From: Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Jamon Camisso wrote:
| > Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

| > > I do the most obvious thing that one could do. I hit reply and change
| > > subject. If this is causing problems than the software for archives does
| > > not work properly. The mailing list itself does work properly.
| >
| > I disagree. You are not replying by starting a new thread. In fact, by
| > hitting reply you are breaking things since RFC822 4.6.2 specifies that
| > messages can contain an optional In-Reply-To field in their header. Since
| > you are using Thunderbird and it adheres to the RFC (at least 4.6.2), the
| > most obvious thing (for you) breaks things (for everyone else).
| >

| Then report the bug to Thunderbird.
|
| Excuse me please.

Zbigniew:

Thunderbird is doing exactly what it should do.  You are using the
reply command when in fact you are not replying.  Your new topic is
not related to the message and yet you are declaring that it is.

What you are doing is not the standard protocol and it is making
things worse for other people.  In what way do you think what you are
doing is appropriate and useful?

You've been asked rudely and you've been asked nicely to conform to
reasonable conventions.  Is there a reason not to do so?

I'm sure we would excuse you if you could give an explanation that
seemed reasonable.  The usual excuse ("I didn't know any better")
appears not to apply, at least not any more.

Notice that I've changed the Subject (to fix your spelling) without
starting a new thread.  This is an example of how changing the Subject
does not change the thread.