good day to buy 30" monitor

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 23 15:04:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:54:42AM -0400, Stephen wrote:
> Tyler Aviss wrote:
>> Also, for those that want a bigger screen with less resolution:
>>
>> http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4642653&csid=_21
>>
>> I got one of these in the 42" model, which I use as my TV (no internal
>> tuner but a VCR works) and also with a PC for some games/DIVX/etc.
>> Picture quality is good, and my only beef (other than the first one
>> arriving a bit damaged and being replaced) is that it tends to seem a
>> bit "warm" in terms of heat output. But I suppose that might be
>> expected from a company that makes nuclear reactors as a primary
>> brand... where's my fission-powered TV?
>>
> Do you know if this is interlaced or non-interlaced?
>
> Is it 60Hz or 120?
>
> Could be just what I want.

There are pretty much no 120Hz compatible displays yet.  Very very
few exist.  Lots of screens do frame interprolation from 30 or 60Hz to
120Hz for display, but they only acept 60Hz in.  So no 3D video support
yet, since that requires a real 120Hz input.

Viewsonic just showed off some 120Hz DLP projectors with 3D support,
and samsung has some displays too, and I think Mitsubishi has some DLP
120Hz displays as well.

--
Len Sorensen