good day to buy 30" monitor

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 23 15:59:42 UTC 2009

The "HDTV" resolution is 1080p, so I'd assume the VGA would also be
non-interlaced. Not sure about the refresh, but I don't think that
there are many 120Hz LCD's out there.

There's a spec sheet here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/westinghouse-vm-47f140s/4507-6482_7-32787771.html?tag=mncol;rnav

Interestingly, it says that the "supported computer resolutions" only
go up to 1024x768, but that must be through component or something of
the like because my 42" definitely goes to full-res.

Internal fission reactor not included.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Stephen<stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Tyler Aviss wrote:
>>
>> Also, for those that want a bigger screen with less resolution:
>>

>> http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4642653&csid=_21
>>
>> I got one of these in the 42" model, which I use as my TV (no internal
>> tuner but a VCR works) and also with a PC for some games/DIVX/etc.
>> Picture quality is good, and my only beef (other than the first one
>> arriving a bit damaged and being replaced) is that it tends to seem a
>> bit "warm" in terms of heat output. But I suppose that might be
>> expected from a company that makes nuclear reactors as a primary
>> brand... where's my fission-powered TV?
>>

> Do you know if this is interlaced or non-interlaced?
>
> Is it 60Hz or 120?
>
> Could be just what I want.
>
> Thanks
> Stephen