On Twitter and such...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 15 21:55:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Scott Elcomb<psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I would mark this offtopic, but for some reason I don't think it is.
>
> If noone else is running a GTALUG account on twitter, I would be more
> than happy to do so.
>
> Community-permitting of course.

Here's a "set of twitter rules" indicating the sorts of things that
you ought to be doing in order for a "twitter feed" to be of some
value.

http://streambase.typepad.com/streambase_stream_process/2009/06/32-twitter-rules-for-ceos.html

This list seems reasonably sensible, and points to the notion that
generating such a feed is probably quite a bit of work that someone
would need to do.  It's not so much "heavy effort due to it taking a
long time" as it is "consistent effort that needs to take place on a
regular basis to find something of interest to readers."
Groucho Marx  - "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a
jury." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/groucho_marx.html