On Twitter and such...

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 16 14:39:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Christopher Browne<cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> This list seems reasonably sensible, and points to the notion that
> generating such a feed is probably quite a bit of work that someone
> would need to do.  It's not so much "heavy effort due to it taking a
> long time" as it is "consistent effort that needs to take place on a
> regular basis to find something of interest to readers."

'Been laid up for the last couple days; I know for a fact that you're
right.  Having passed up Twitter until only the last couple months, I
now find that I could easily become an addict.  In fact, I often have
to force myself *not* to login.

With my primary account, I try to focus on topics surrounding FOSS,
Javascript, Privacy, Canadian Law & Politics and the Creative Commons.
 It's very easy to get distracted and the account suffers for it I
think.

In any event, it was mentioned off-list a few days ago that a proper
GTALUG account on Twitter should be under the direction of the GTATLUG
executive and I absolutely agree.  (If given a mandate from the
executive, I'd still be interested in doing so.)

Cheers,

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/   @psema4