ntfs-3g vs. ext2ifs

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 29 15:23:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 07:54:30PM -0400, meng wrote:
> I was planning to play it on linux but thanks :-)
>
> It's nice to know a player will cost me only about $40; the DVD will cost me about the same, UK20.11 pounds :-)
> I know it's OT but check out:
> http://www.20secondsofjoy.com/
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoANL1N-5l8
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWYVoXt474
> It's awesome. She was at the screening at Hot Docs in Toronto and it was also screened at the Banff Mountain Film Festival.

Apparently it can be done for $30:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=012271&cid=782.923

$29.99 for a PAL/NTSC upconverting to 720p/1080i with HDMI DVD player
that also plays MP3 discs and DivX files.  OK that's just getting silly.
I doubt the build quality is that great, but hey if it works.  $30 would
only get me the DVD writer for a PC, so can't complain about the price.

--
Len Sorensen