ntfs-3g vs. ext2ifs

meng meng-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 28 23:54:30 UTC 2009

-----Original message-----
From: lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:42:55 -0400
To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: [TLUG]: ntfs-3g vs. ext2ifs

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 08:33:27PM -0400, meng wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion, Len but as Giles pointed out, DVD image files mostly are bigger than 4 GB :-(
> >
> > Often, I rent a DVD and throw it on my HDD and watch it later.
> > That way, I don't have to go to the store on the weekend and perhaps find that it's already out.
>
> If you dump the DVD then the files are 1GB each, so that isn't a problem.
> Only a problem if you dump it as a raw ISO rather than as the files on
> the DVD (as dvdbackup would do). �DVD videos avoided using large files
> on purpose.
>
> > OT: I just ordered a DVD from amazon.co.uk (only available there).
> > I think it'll only play on a region-free player than can handle PAL, it's Region 2.
> > Or I'll have to watch it on my monitor with a region-free DVD-ROM :-)
>
> I thought lots of players these days were multi region and multi format.
>
> I am sure $40 would get you one at pacific mall if you don't have one,
> or play it on linux (I use my mythtv box for all such things).

I was planning to play it on linux but thanks :-)

It's nice to know a player will cost me only about $40; the DVD will cost me about the same, UK20.11 pounds :-)
I know it's OT but check out:
http://www.20secondsofjoy.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoANL1N-5l8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWYVoXt474
It's awesome. She was at the screening at Hot Docs in Toronto and it was also screened at the Banff Mountain Film Festival.

Thanks, Len.