ntfs-3g vs. ext2ifs

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 28 21:37:04 UTC 2009

>> Sure you are limited to 4GB files, but that isn't usually a problem.
>>

> FAT32 has issues creating file system greater than 4 GB on windows. If you
> create the partition and file system from Linux though, you can create go
> past that limit, which mean it should not factor in on decision making
>

>> By the way, I take back the above statement. It not any where near what
was in discussion here. I misread the thread. The 4GB limit on the file size
is a hard limit can not be avoided on any platform. Its actually driven by
the hardware I believe. I think most file system had this limit when running
on 32 bit hardware, at least I do remember oracle have it.  Something to do
with the 2 power 32 address limit.