ntfs-3g vs. ext2ifs

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 26 01:58:49 UTC 2009

Well,mine was a combination.
I have a little box with a 1.5Ghz C-7 processor that runs as my NAT
box and fileserver. I had to dump some files to it recently from a USB
drive, and noticed that it was pinging. I discovered that it was
running "hot" with around 98% CPU utilization.

In addition to my normal running processes, the excess was mainly
rsync, ntfs-3g, and probably the software MD syncing up all that new
data too. The NTFS part was noticable though, between 20-30%
utilization at times.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM, meng<meng-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> [...]

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support