Anyone observed content change through Rogers?

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 19 22:00:44 UTC 2009

Use tor and privoxy or vidalia and set your exit point to one in a country you
like. If you do not set the exit point you get to travel quite a bit :) A few
days ago I had to deal with Danish buttons in Google and the Norwegian edition
of Yahoo   ~8<> . Almost everyone is 'geotargetting' now. Very annoying but it's
free, so live with it.

What really ticks me off is Windows CE updates and ceaseless ad hammering on
wireless where every byte hits one in the pocket, literally. A 1GB data plan can
be reduced to 400k by 2-3 windows updates and forgetting a browser open on a
spammy site like Yahoo. I did not bother to meter the exact usage but I will try
to do that eventually, with an eye towards sending the resulting bill to Eben
Moglen (as a hint) and to Yahoo etc too.

  Peter