Anyone observed content change through Rogers?

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 17 14:45:15 UTC 2009

Hi pals,

Yesterday evening, I ended up on news.bbc.co.uk to get my daily dose of
world news. I was surprised in a sad way to note the whole site had
extensive changes, full of advertisements and heavy flash use. The most
prominent ones were from Rogers.  Five minutes into it, I gave up and
decided to call it a day. All through that experience, I assumed the changes
had something to do with the bbc organization.

Then, today at work, I just visited  news.bbc.co.uk and behold, the old
classic interface filled the screen. Now, it does not make sense to assume
this has to do with bbc organization. The problem seem to be Rogers are
dynamically changing the content.

Now, seriously, if this is correct, its a new low. For one, it does not make
sense to advertise Roger crap if I am already using them. Second, I am now
not sure I whose content I am reading, Rogers or BBC if such an extensive
surgery is deemed acceptable.  Have someone been unfortunate to notice this?

Regards,

William