best kitten entertainment program for Linux?

Julian C. Dunn lists-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 14 23:33:17 UTC 2009

Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there is a program that would randomly move the mouse cursor
>> around so the cat can be entertained when I am not at the computer?
> Hi Julian.  Aren't you concerned about kitten size scratch marks on
> the LCD when you return? :)
I am still using an ancient CRT. But my partner (who has the LCD) did
point out that training the kitten in this way may be sub-optimal for
her computer ;-)
>> For those who are about to suggest it, yes, I did try oneko (har har
>> again) but Neko stops moving when the mouse cursor stops moving. I also
> Yes Neko goes for a nap if you stop moving the mouse :)
>
> Also check out the oneko man page.  I love it :)
Yes, I did look at the man page to see if there were other options for
automating it but no luck. Some of the other variations are amusing though.

Thank you for all the suggestions especially Mike for the shell script!

- Julian