Question on OT topics in general

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 1 01:38:11 UTC 2009

Aviss,Tyler wrote:
> Yes, I'm bored in a hotel room so this is post #3 in a row on varying
> topics.
>
> The question: where do we stand or draw the line on starting OT (non
> Linux) threads. Obviously as geeks/intellectuals/etc we have somewhat
> common interests in technical issues, related legal issues, or even
> stuff like recommending (or asking about) ISP's, sales of tech stuff, etc.
>
> I don't often notice angry retorts to such things, so I'm guessing that
> such topics are acceptable on a "slow list day"
>
> How about lists other than TLUG for such things in TO/Canada/anywhere?
>
> Is there a "technical/intellectual persons" list?

*Personally*, I think that if a topic is suitably marked as 'OT: ' then
it's fine. TLUG is enough of a community/family/what-have-you that, I
think, there is plenty of room for non-linux idea sharing.

If we standardized on the already-kinda-standard 'OT:' then people not
interested in off-topic threads could easily filter them the Trash.

:)

The Chatty Madi