If you need a laugh

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 29 19:20:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 01:41:46PM -0500, Scott Elcomb wrote:
> Trying not to drive this issue any further into the wood, I'd suggest
> cutting her some slack though.
>
> I missed most of Palin-mania (though I've seen a few things that made
> me scratch my head) but still, I don't see "satire" that directly
> hunts (er - targets?) living people as being "fair."  (Phrase-only:...
> ) Lord knows I've made plenty of mistakes myself and sure as HELL I
> try to learn from them.

After the thing I saw a couple of days ago where someone was asking how
being in charge of a state with borders to other countries gave her any
experience relevant for dealing with foreign affairs, I have concluded
she really does in fact not have a clue.  It's not like she actually
ever had any negotiations with either neighbouring country (canada and
russia that is).

Now if any satire is fair, well that's a different issue.  To a large
extent if you want to be a public figure, you have to put up with it.
That's a price to pay.  Those that put up with it and play along a bit
tend to be much more popular with the people that those that are
offended by it.

--
Len Sorensen