Speakerphone for Ubuntu 8.10?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 18 00:58:58 UTC 2009

I used to have Vonage service a few year ago. One thing I might
caution is that you be somewhat wary of their terms when you sign up,
especially if you're getting the hardware from them.

I signed up when they were promoting their "no contract" service quite
heavily. After I moved to Toronto (being in contact here being the
only reason I needed a VOIP # at the time) I canceled my plan and was
hit with a cancellation fee *AND* charged $170 for their $60 router
(and no, it can't be returned). They also ONLY accept complaints/etc
about these issues by mail to an office in the US as apparently they
have no # for their complaints office (and this is a company offering
"phone" services).

So apparently "no contract" doesn't mean no cancellation fees, at
least with Vonage, and even Visa didn't do much about it when they
autocharged my CC, despite Vonage not offering up either paperwork or
recording where I agreed to such terms (apparently the "it's their
policy" rules apply even if you weren't supplied with said policy).

I don't know if things iwith them have changed but I'd be careful to
read any terms on their website AND keep a printed copy... having a
$250-400 cancellation fee on a "no contract" account is enough to ruin
most people's day...

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support