Unfortunate Ubuntu media coverage

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 15 18:54:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Asaf Maruf wrote:

> The unfortunate result is that Linux is unable to get introduced in the
> enterprise especially the SME sector.

Unable to be introduced?  Linux has been widely deployed in large
companies even long before it became popular with the IT press.  I have
personal knowledge of large corporations relying on Linux as far back as
1995.  Since about 2000 it's popularity has just exploded.  Linux is
everywhere.

Management are often quite happy to bring in consultants.  That role has
been a big part of my day job for 10+ years.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy