Microsoft GPS

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 9 19:20:00 UTC 2009

Hi all

I suppose Google would work but...

My Microsoft Trips 2007/GPS has arrived from Factorydirect.  Now that I have
spent $30, what do I need?  [ Do I curse Hugh or bless him for the $20
coupon?]

Never having used a GPS, does it only work in the great outdoors?  It comes
with a little suction cup, I assume this is stuck to a car windshield?

Next is the computer,  my old Thinkpad is W98,  Maybe a new hard drive with a
Linux install?  Or a new small computer?  Hey this getting to be more
expensive than a $150 GPS.

What Linux software is needed for the GPS.  I think Colin has said but I can't
find the post.

if someone can just post where to go to find this kind of info, I would be
appreciative.  No need to spend time answering my niggling questions.

Thanks

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can