KDE4

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 8 00:22:30 UTC 2009

These are two feelings I shared in regards to KDE4:
* In all there seems to be plenty of potential but I feel like I'm
participating in a beta test and not a production-grade distribution
* The darker panels and menus (a look shared with Vista)

The 3d-accelerated functions (which in OpenGL mode mess up any FMV on
my laptop having an ATI card, but works a bit better in XRender mode)
and the whole widget-docking and dark look seem to make it seem like
KDE is playing as a poor imitation of Vista, and the slew of bugs and
altered/missing functionality definitely has an "unfinished" quality
about it.

Bah. Maybe I'll switch to gnome for awhile.

- TJA

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support