Linux has driven me to buy Windows Vista

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 5 23:38:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 01:09:12PM -0500, Michael Lauzon wrote:
> We had some good games on Linux because of Loki, however we do know
> how that turned out...supposedly the Unreal games could be played on
> Linux natively; I heard that Microsoft is buying -- bought? -- Epic
> but I cannot find any evidence to that regard because UT3 was supposed
> to be on Linux as well.

I think the problem was that not many people knew about loki, and they
certainly weren't on retail shelves.  They went out of business.

We do have loki to thank for libsdl, which is a wonderful cross platform
library of interfaces for everything gaming needs.

I still play neverwinter nights on my linux system, and that uses SDL in
its port as well.

--
Len Sorensen