DLink DIR-625 Router

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 2 21:19:58 UTC 2009

I'd try the following:

- Try on another OS (Mac/WIndows)
- If it works on another OS (Mac/Windows) you know its a configuration
issue on linux
- if it doesnt work on the windows os or mac you can tell them you've
tried on a supported platform :)
- Check the authentication your using
- check to see if you are you using MAC ADDRESS filtering?

- If its visible on the windows/mac systems, try the command line utility:

> iwlist scan

This will tell you if its available.

I'd try installing wicd, and using that to connect and choosing the
right driver (madfi,wext,...etc)
If your using the wrong driver the wireless will not work correctly.

wicd makes using wireless-tools fairly simple, and provides a nice grahical gui.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Howard Gibson <hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>   I am trying to set up a DLink DIR-625 router to do a wireless connection to my Linux laptop.  I have upgraded my laptop to Fedora Core_9 and, definitely, the wireless connection is working.  When I look, I can see all sorts of wireless connections around my house.
>
>   I have been trying everything I can think of within the DIR-625's web menu.  On one or two occasions, I have seen the DLink's wireless connection displayed briefly a couple of times.  I am not sure what I did to cause this.  The router has the option of making the wireless invisible, but I have turned this off.
>
>   I suspect I have a faulty piece of hardware.  When I call DLink support, they tell me they do not support my OS.  I tried arguing that I can access the configuration window, but this does not help.
>
>   Is anybody running one of these things?  Are you familiar when I should see the wireless connection?
>
> --
> Howard Gibson
> hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
> howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org