DLink DIR-625 Router

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 2 21:07:21 UTC 2009

   I am trying to set up a DLink DIR-625 router to do a wireless connection to my Linux laptop.  I have upgraded my laptop to Fedora Core_9 and, definitely, the wireless connection is working.  When I look, I can see all sorts of wireless connections around my house.

   I have been trying everything I can think of within the DIR-625's web menu.  On one or two occasions, I have seen the DLink's wireless connection displayed briefly a couple of times.  I am not sure what I did to cause this.  The router has the option of making the wireless invisible, but I have turned this off.

   I suspect I have a faulty piece of hardware.  When I call DLink support, they tell me they do not support my OS.  I tried arguing that I can access the configuration window, but this does not help.

   Is anybody running one of these things?  Are you familiar when I should see the wireless connection?

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org