my last-minute CRTC submission on net neutralityy

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 23 08:36:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> The CRTC is accepting comments from the public until today.
>
> The request for comments is here:
>  http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2008/pt2008-19.htm
>
> To respond, go here:
>  http://support.crtc.gc.ca/rapidscin/default.aspx?lang=en
> go to the bottom of the pages and click on the button labelled
>  pt2008-19-2
>
> You can type in a comment or upload a an HTML, MS Word, of MS Excel
> document
>
> I've attached my proposed submission.  I welcome suggestions, preferably
> before, say, noon.
>
> PS: I don't really know HTML.  One problem that I've inherited from the
> original document is that I use <UL> for indentation (dumb, I
> think).  I've not used <LI> which is wrong.  But if I add <LI> I get
> bullets where I want nothing.  CSS can fix this but I don't know how to
> use CSS.

    You can get rid of the bullets with:

    <ul style="list-style-type: none;">.
        <li>....
    </ul>

    If all you want to do is indent, the easiest (though, strictly
    speaking, incorrect) way is to use <blockquote>.

    Or use a class:

     And put a style block in the <HEAD> of the document:

     <head>
        p.indent { width: 90%; margin: 0 auto; }

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://woodbine-gerrard.com>
    ========= Do not reply to the From: address; use Reply-To: ========