Flash 10 doesn't work for me

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 8 12:16:52 UTC 2009

Someone on this list suggested a link to a 64-bit Adobe Flash download
page. I unpacked the gz file, and installed the shared object file under
~/.mozilla/plugins (as instructed on their installation page), then
enabled. No luck in getting it to work. I noticed that this is not a
production version but a prerelease through Adobe Labs.

I am using Linux Ubuntu 8.04 (64-bit), and with kernel
2.6.24-23-generic.

I don't think I have previous versions of Flash on here (dselect doesn't
even list such a package), and couldn't find anything suspicious
under /usr/share/firefox.

Any suggestions on getting this thing to work?

Paul King