Flash 10 doesn't work for me

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 8 21:36:04 UTC 2009

I was the one that originally brought it up. Once you unpack, try
putting the "libflashplayer.so" in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins instead.

Also make sure to remove existing references in there to flash or
nspluginwrapper.

Worked for me on 8.10, but 8.04 should work similarly I'd imagine.

- TJA

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Paul King <sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Someone on this list suggested a link to a 64-bit Adobe Flash download
> page. I unpacked the gz file, and installed the shared object file under
> ~/.mozilla/plugins (as instructed on their installation page), then
> enabled. No luck in getting it to work. I noticed that this is not a
> production version but a prerelease through Adobe Labs.
>
> I am using Linux Ubuntu 8.04 (64-bit), and with kernel
> 2.6.24-23-generic.
>
> I don't think I have previous versions of Flash on here (dselect doesn't
> even list such a package), and couldn't find anything suspicious
> under /usr/share/firefox.
>
> Any suggestions on getting this thing to work?
>
> Paul King

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2