files and disk sectors

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 6 14:34:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:18:04AM -0500, William Muriithi wrote:
> Got to say that is very impressive knowledge you displayed here. I was like,
> what the heck, that is way to neat.  Wonder sharing how you came to
> accumulate this  particular skill?  I plan to play around with debugfs and
> see what I can master.

Well I just have to poke a bit at everything I encouter.  I used debugfs
to deal with a corrupted filesystem once, and found that it was a great
tool for anything you needed to know the exact location of something.
So a case like yours for example.  After all finding block to file
mappings seems like the kind of thing a filesystem debug tool should be
able to do.

--
Len Sorensen