laptop suggestions?

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 3 16:10:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 15:20 -0500, Stephen wrote:
> matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > hey folks,
> >
> > somehting's just killed the second hard drive in a row on my dell
> > latitude d820 -- i suspect either the constant overheating or a bug
> > with hard drive controllers in ubuntu 8.04/8.10 -- and i'm htinking it
> > might be worht just buying a new laptop instead of going through the
> > same drive nightmare another time.  has anyone bought a reasonably
> > proced, dual-core laptop with a half-decent battery life lately?  I
> > guess my preference would be for an asus or something without windows,
> > but if i have to pay the windows tax i will.  anyway:  any
> > suggestions?  i'm headed down to the states next week and thought i
> > might pick up something cheap.  thanks!
> >
> I suggest checking out MSI laptops. No MS tax. Mine is a year old, so I
> can't offer current info.
>
> I recommend http://www.cnpcanada.com/
>
> Call Steven and let him know what you are looking for.

the price looks pretty good for the specs stephen -- thanks for the
heads-up.  Since you're an msi user -- can you tell me how you like the
keyboard?  i used to be a thinkpad user, and while i really can't afford
them anymore now that i pay for my lkaptop myself, i miss that awesome
keyboard.

thanks!

matt

> Stephen