OT: Trying to offload some new wireless network hardware

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 1 15:30:18 UTC 2009

Peter wrote:
> David J Patrick <djp at ...> writes:
>> pick ME ! pick ME !
>
> I do not dare to ask why you would need it :) Speaking of which, has anyone here
> good/bad experiences with an ASUS WL-330 usb wifi access point ? I am interested
> (very) in Linux experiences with this device.
linuxcaffe's access points are working fine, but our central router gave
up the ghost a while ago. Our principal packet re-director is a
consumer-grade Belkin piece o junk, and I'm hoping to upgrade. I'm
debating the use of an "appliance", like a WRT, vs. a "snottier" box,
like P4, and a stack of NICs.

As a result of a protracted seasonal slow-down + general economic
slowdown, our purchasing power is.. uhhh limited, so I'm looking to
replace the broken junk with working junk.

djp