Oki c3200 laser printer color catastrophe

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 30 01:54:36 UTC 2009

Alright, maybe not a catastrophe, but still..
I lucked into a color laser printer (wwink) and just in time, too, cuz I
gots colored things ta print, but DANG! dem colors is ugly !

In black an white, it's all crisp and loverly, but go to color mode and
ppeee-yewww ! it's like BAD ! colors are triple saturated, and
registration between colors is off. It's bad enough that the test chart
looks like an abstract. This is after running the auto-color calibration
and then manually dialing the C, the M and the Y all the way down (three
notches)

It's like I'm using the wrong driver, or color-system, but I'm not.
It's an off-the-shelf linux driver and sending postscript to a
postscript printer.

clues ?

djp