lame

Fabio FZero fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 25 22:27:04 UTC 2009

Hm, it seems there's something missing in your system. Your sox says:

"SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS: m3u pls"

While mine says:

"AUDIO FILE FORMATS: 8svx aif aifc aiff aiffc al amb au avr caf cdda
cdr cvs cvsd cvu dat dvms f32 f4 f64 f8 fap flac fssd gsm hcom htk ima
ircam la lpc lpc10 lu mat mat4 mat5 maud nist ogg paf prc pvf raw s1
s16 s2 s24 s3 s32 s4 s8 sb sd2 sds sf sl smp snd sndfile sndr sndt sou
sox sph sw txw u1 u16 u2 u24 u3 u32 u4 u8 ub ul uw vms voc vorbis vox
w64 wav wavpcm wv wve xa xi
PLAYLIST FORMATS: m3u pls"

You said you use Ubuntu (which version BTW?), so maybe you should
install ubuntu-restricted-extras to see if anything else shows in that
list. If you already installed it, try "sudo dpkg-reconfigure
ubuntu-restricted-extras".

If none of this works you may try installing ffmpeg and converting the
file with it. If this is a desktop, you could also try using Audacity.
It also uses Lame to make MP3s, but if it can recognize your original
.wav the first conversion will be made automatically.

FZ